On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:46, Ben Stuggler <bobbywaxkil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to create a directory of users (with name, phone and email) who
> are in a specific group but I'm not comfortable with query. Is there anybody
> who have already work on a thing like this?
>
> To avoid temporally the problem, I thought add a tag on the concerned users,
> like this we can have a list of the user and go on the profile page, but
> XWiki has to be blacklisted, so it's doesn't work for usual user.

There is many APIs provided by "rightsmanager" plugin so that you
don't need to write low level queries. See
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/core/trunk/xwiki-core/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/rightsmanager/RightsManagerPluginApi.java
for an exhaustive list of the available methods. You access this api
using

$xwiki.rightsmanager

For example you can get all the users names of the current wiki with
the following code
{{velocity}}
$xwiki.rightsmanager.usersApi.allUsersNames
{{/velocity}}

or the users pages with

{{velocity}}
$xwiki.rightsmanager.usersApi.allUsers
{{/velocity}}

There is also lot's of way to filter the result (LIKE style filters,
limit and offset)

FYI this is what is used by the standard users and groups admin UI
(filters included).