On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:39, Marius Dumitru Florea
<mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> On 06/02/2010 11:29 PM, Jared Pearson wrote:
>> Whenever I click the "Wiki Page..." menu item from the "Link" menu on
>> the WYSIWYG editor I get an "There was an error loading the data"
>> message displayed.  Upon closer examination of the requests being
>> made, the server is returning a 500 error with "Failed to initialize
>> the XWiki context" with an inner exception of "The wiki server1 does
>> not exist".
>>
>> I have an XEM 2.3.28624 installation with two XE instances set up
>> using Path-based resolution.  This error is occurring in both XE
>> instances.
>>
>> Steps Taken
>> 1. visit the wiki
>> http://server1/xwiki/wiki/mywiki/view/Main/NewPage
>> 2. click the edit link
>> 3. click the "Link" button on the toolbar
>> 4. click the "Wiki Page..." menu item
>>
>> The dialog box appears with the error message. A request was made to
>> the URL below with a 500 response.
>> http://server1/xwiki/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/WikiService.gwtrpc
>>
>> Stack trace
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: Failed to initialize the XWiki context.
>>
>> com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.XWikiContextInitializationFilter.initializeXWikiContext(XWikiContextInitializationFilter.java:154)
>>
>> com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.XWikiContextInitializationFilter.doFilter(XWikiContextInitializationFilter.java:85)
>>
>> com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:68)
>>
>> com.xpn.xwiki.web.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:304)
>>
>> com.xpn.xwiki.web.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:112)
>
>> root cause
>> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki server1
>> does not exist
>
> It detects the current wiki as being "server1" instead of "xwiki" (the
> main wiki). The WYSIWYG editor is loaded from
> http://server1/xwiki/resources/js/xwiki/wysiwyg/xwe/ for any wiki and
> all further GWTRPC requests have their URLs relative to this one. As you
> can see the service URL doesn't contain information about the wiki and
> it's fine because the XWiki context initialized in the servlet filter
> doesn't have to point to a specific wiki. Whenever the editor needs
> information from a wiki it sends the wiki names as a parameter to the
> service method.
>
> The problem is that XWiki defaults on domain-based multiwiki when
> information about the wiki is not provided in the URL path.
>
> Thomas, WDYT?

Yes that's exactly how it's working. Domain based multiwiki is never disabled.

What you can do is to add server1 as alias of the main wiki in
XWiki/XWikiServerXwiki wiki descriptor, that way you will indicate
that alias "server1" is supposed to go to wiki "xwiki".