Thanks for the Quick answer, here is what I configured into cataline.sh of the
tomcat server

JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-server -Xms128m -Xmx512m
-XX:NewSize=256m -XX:MaxNewSize=256m -XX:PermSize=512m
-XX:MaxPermSize=1g -XX:+DisableExplicitGC"

However, the Error was there before I tried to configure the JAVA_OPTS myself.
Just you know: I have basically no idea of tomcat configuration as most other
webapps did run on it so far.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------