-----Mensagem original-----
De: users-boun...@xwiki.org [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org] Em nome de Thomas
Mortagne
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 1 de julho de 2010 17:04
Para: XWiki Users
Assunto: Re: [xwiki-users] Important: Translation
onApplicationResources.properties file not effective

2010/7/1 Ramon Gomes Brandão - SERINT <ramon.bran...@tjdft.jus.br>:
> Hi,
>

> I'm testing the portuguese translation of Xwiki (both stable and milestone
> versions) and I'm facing some problems.
>

> Starting at Main.WebHome, when I set "pt" as default language, some links do
> not translate, for example, the "Annotations" link right above the page
> content on the colibri skin. Clicking on the Annotations link, the box
> appears with the default message "To annotate a piece of text, select it and
> hit Crtl-M". I've checked on ApplicationsResources_pt.properties and added
> the translated field, from the default properties file, for the property in
> english:

You mean you directly modified the ApplicationsResources_pt.properties
file in the jar package or where did you put your modified
ApplicationsResources_pt.properties file (it's supposed to go in
WEB-INF/classes/ folder) ?

Note that you can find and fix all missing translations on
http://l10n.xwiki.org application which is dedicated to translate
XWiki applications.

> annotations.action.create.helpmessage=To annotate a piece of text, select it
> and hit {0}.
>

> There aren't any UTF-8 special chars on the translated message. I've
> restarted the xwiki tomcat instance , cleaned the browser cache, but the
> message is still in English. This problem occurs with all text I try to
> translate through the ApplicationResources_pt file, other than the ones that
> are already translated on _pt file (copying the original English text from
> the default properties file, translating it and pasting into the _pt file).
>

> I've tried other languages, but the same problem: many links, panels text and
> others remain in English. Isn't that only translate ALL the default resources
> file into the desired language and replace it like explained in the admin
> guide?
>

> How can I solve this?
>

> I'm also interested to offer the brasilian Portuguese translation of the
> properties file.

That would be great ! You can follow instructions on
http://l10n.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/L10N/AddALanguage for that.