Hi Anca,

Anca Luca wrote:

> Right now this would be 2.4-SNAPSHOT or a 2.3 release (2.3, 2.3.1, 2.3.2).
>
> The -SNAPSHOT versions means the .jar produced by the continuous
> integration server, from a snapshot of the sources, which exists and
> makes sense for the trunk or "active" branches. It's not the case for
> the xwiki 2.3 branch, currently the development is for the 2.4 version
> (the trunk) so the "current snapshot" or "nightly build" if the term is
> more familiar to you, would be a 2.4-SNAPSHOT. If you want your
> component to be used on an xwiki 2.3.x, then you should just put that
> version for platform dependency, instead of "2.3-SNAPSHOT".
>
> I hope it makes some sense...
>
> However, be warned that the tutorial is a little outdated, you'd need to
> figure out some things by yourself.

Indeed, I didn't grasp the meaning of "SNAPSHOT" and it makes sense now !
Thanks !
Like I use a xwiki 2.3.1, I put the "2.3.1" version for platform dependency.
Unfortunately, I always had the same error... I.e :

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project xwiki-essai-component: Missing:
----------
1) org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-core-component:jar:2.3.1

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.xwiki.platform
-DartifactId=xwiki-core-component -Dversion=2.3.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.xwiki.platform
-DartifactId=xwiki-core-component -Dversion=2.3.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) com.xpn.xwiki.platform:xwiki-essai-component:pom:1.1
        2) org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-core-component:jar:2.3.1

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  com.xpn.xwiki.platform:xwiki-essai-component:pom:1.1

from the specified remote repositories:
  xwiki-externals (http://maven.xwiki.org/externals, releases=true,
snapshots=true),
  xwiki-releases (http://maven.xwiki.org/releases, releases=true,
snapshots=false),
  xwiki-snapshots (http://maven.xwiki.org/snapshots, releases=false,
snapshots=true),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)
-> [Help 1]

Do you think it's due to the fact that the tutorial is outdated ? Because, I
didn't do something special : just download the archetype, modify the
version for platform dependency in the pom file and try to install it in
order to have a jar...