Yes, you can do that.
You have to change the parameters for the getHTMLCalendar method.
See
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/platform/xwiki-plugins/trunk/calendar/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/calendar/CalendarPluginApi.java
.
So this is what you should do in your homepage:

## Set the calendar parameters
## Display calendar
$cview.getHTMLCalendar($cparams,
$xwiki.getDocument('MySpace.MyEventCalendarPage'), "")

Where 'MySpace.MyEventsPage' is 'Main.EventCalendar' by default.

Raluca.