Hi,

I am attempting to customize the toucan by putting a new background in
and changing the logo.

The logo is the easy part with the change happening in the
Administration GUI under Presentation -> Skin Customization -> Logo

The rest I'm a bit unsure about!!

I have attempted to deconstruct the toucan.css file under the skins
directory in the webapp and then build it back together. I did get some
results but it was highly unstable as after a second edit things started
going funny.

I managed to get a background showing up which was great but it was
pretty slow as the image was too large, I then tried a smaller image
which didn't show at all as the background went completely white??

I can confirm however the parts that make up the background are:

H4x4-GRAY.png
bgxleft-GRAY.png
bgx-GRAY.png

#################

bg-GRAY3.png
and
bg-GRAY.png

seem to just be little lines in the middle of the page so no need to
alter those.

What I would really like to do is put a little picture to the right of
the logo, which seems to be the:

#companylogo {
width 740px;
}

portion.

I added the code: background-image:
url($xwiki.getSkinFile("myimage.png")); only with no luck whatsoever??

Also how to remove the right and left panels and just make one 'big'
background instead?? - I have an image for this but at ~800kB it's a bit
large so what I will need to do is lower the size then stretch it over
the screen. Is this possible??

Many thanks,

Kaya