Hi,

as some of you guys who've already helped me know by now that I have a
working instance of Xwiki....

Recently I tried to simulate this and go over the steps I'd already done
in order to document the install!

I installed FreeBSD 8.0 Release x64 and recreated my FreeBSD jail that I
currently run Xwiki in.

Everything went to plan with all steps involved being documented all the
way and versions of software checked against each other; however, when
it came to actually browsing to Xwiki I got an error 500 message??

All details of my install can be found here:

http://wiki.optiplex-networks.com/xwiki/bin/view/FreeBSD/XWiki

however it is quite long so I am only going to explain about the error
and areas that the error highlights:

I'm using Postgresql as the DB backend as I had issues with MySQL so
that needs further testing later, and Tomcat6.

My hibernate.cfg.xml file looks like so:

<!-- PostgreSQL configuration.
          Uncomment if you want to use PostgreSQL and comment out other
database configurations. -->
<property
name="connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/xwiki</property>
<property name="connection.username">xwiki</property>
<property name="connection.password">xwiki</property>
<property name="connection.driver_class">org.postgresql.Driver</property>
<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect</property>
<property
name="connection.provider_class">com.xpn.xwiki.store.DBCPConnectionProvider</property>
<property name="connection.pool_size">2</property>
<property name="statement_cache.size">2</property>
<mapping resource="xwiki.hbm.xml"/>
<mapping resource="feeds.hbm.xml"/>
<mapping resource="activitystream.hbm.xml"/>

With the rest all commented out apart from the default non-database
stuff right at the top of the stock file; the default DB lines have been
commented out!

Although no need I uncommented this line:
xwiki.store.hibernate.path=/WEB-INF/hibernate.cfg.xml

in the xwiki.cfg file.

This is the exact error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3 in
0: Could not initialize main XWiki context
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3001 in 3: Cannot load class
com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.hibernate.XWikiHibernateMigrationManager from
param xwiki.store.migration.manager.class
Wrapped Exception: Error number 0 in 3: Exception while hibernate execute
Wrapped Exception: Could not create a DBCP pool. There is an error in the
hibernate configuration file, please review it.

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:535)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:433)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        com.xpn.xwiki.web.ActionFilter.doFilter(ActionFilter.java:129)

com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter.doFilter(ConversionFilter.java:152)

com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:68)

com.xpn.xwiki.web.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:304)

com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 3 in 0: Could not initialize main
XWiki context
Wrapped Exception: Error number 3001 in 3: Cannot load class
com.xpn.xwiki.store.migration.hibernate.XWikiHibernateMigrationManager from
param xwiki.store.migration.manager.class
Wrapped Exception: Error number 0 in 3: Exception while hibernate execute
Wrapped Exception: Could not create a DBCP pool. There is an error in the
hibernate configuration file, please review it.
        com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getMainXWiki(XWiki.java:402)
        com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:471)
        com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:136)
        com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:116)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        com.xpn.xwiki.web.ActionFilter.doFilter(ActionFilter.java:129)

com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter.doFilter(ConversionFilter.java:152)

com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:68)

com.xpn.xwiki.web.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:304)

The only thing I did differently is initially build the JDK environment and
Tomcat without the TZupdater tool from Sun??

Has anyone got any ideas of what I'm missing here and why the system claims
that there is an error in the hibernate.cfg.xml file??

These are the versions of Postgresql connector that I have tried:

postgresql-8.2-511.jdbc4.jar
postgresql-8.3-603.jdbc4.jar
postgresql-8.3-606.jdbc4.jar

On my production build I use 8.3-603.jdbc4.jar

On the test version I also installed some patches for the JDK environment as I
hadn't updated my ports tree before building the packages even though
upgrading the ports rebuilt all the installed packages by removing them first
so I don't know if the patch has been applied again or not???

Anyway, fact is that somethings wrong and I need to get to the bottom of this
:-)

Many thanks for any help!

Regards,

Kaya