Hi,

I really appreciate your interest, this really helps me; Thanks

You are very right, If users are redirected to their profile they are not
forced to enter any extra data.
But we will put a text in the profile page that it would be very helpfull if
they did;
If they do not, we will not add them to to more functional group, so, i hope,
it is also in their interest
if they want more functionality. This is, by means a manual process, we do not
want that the WIKI is crowded with visitors
that do not ADD to our community

One principle is that I try to do everything from within the WIKI and stay away
from configuration files.
WE are hosting our wiki on a external system, so it is difficult to get access
to filesystem anyway!
Second; we are fully happy with the default behaviour of to what groups a
registered user is added after registration

Regarding the login.vm modification
(snippet from default login.vm in XWIKI 2.5
#if ($xcontext.user != 'XWiki.XWikiGuest')
  #if ($request.xredirect)
    $response.sendRedirect($request.xredirect)
  #else
    $response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL('Main.WebHome'))
  #end
#elseif($doc.fullName != 'XWiki.XWikiLogin')
  #set($qs = "$!{request.queryString}")
  #if(!$request.getParameter('xredirect'))
    #set($qs = "xredirect=$escapetool.url($doc.getURL('view'))&${qs}")
  #end
  $response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL('XWiki.XWikiLogin', 'login', $qs))
#else
###
### Login page
###
###
#end

I think I should inject the code after #if ($xcontext.user !=
'XWiki.XWikiGuest')
You think I could use #includeInContext('YourSpace.YourDocument') or would a
macro make more sense?
I'm always trying to keep standard XWIKI code as supplied with the product as
standard as possible, otherwise
I'm facing more complex upgrade paths?

Gerritjan

Op 25 okt 2010, om 23:59 heeft [Ricardo Rodriguez] eBioTIC. het volgende
geschreven:

Gerritjan Koekkoek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The condition is:
> After user has registered he/she only belongs to XWikiAllGroup (right?)

Right, by default. You should want to consider these two parameters in
xwiki.cfg (as stated in its preamble, commented parameters show the
default value)

#-# List of groups that a new user should be added to by default after
registering. Comma-separated list of group document
#-# names.
# xwiki.users.initialGroups=XWiki.XWikiAllGroup

#-# Should all users be considered members of XWiki.XWikiAllGroup, even
if they don't have an associated object in the
#-# group's document?
# xwiki.authentication.group.allgroupimplicit=0

> If this condition is true; we would like to ask the user to 'tell us more
> about yourself' by re-directing to the profile

But redirecting to her/his profile doesn't enforce more information to
be entered. Please, how are you planning to get that? Users can just
arrive to their profiles and to enter nothing.

> Updating the userprofile with extra data; with this  data we can then add the
> user to appropriate group(s)
>
> I understand : the $query will give all groups in the wiki except
> XWikiAllGroup

Yes, the query retrieves all documents with an instance of class
XWiki.XWikiGroups (obj.className='XWiki.XWikiGroups') but
XWiki.XWikiGroupTemplate and XWiki.XWikiAllGroup

> In the foreach you add 1 to the counter for each group the user is extra in?

Yes

> So if the counter > 0 the user belongs to extra group so should NOT be
> redirected

OK! I got the condition the other way round!

> if the counter still == 0 then the redirect should happen?

OK. I understand now.
> The login.vm seems indeed to be the place to be,
> I prefer to copy the vm into my skin, so I will override the login.vm on the
> disk
>

> Op 24 okt 2010, om 22:47 heeft [Ricardo Rodriguez] eBioTIC. het volgende
> geschreven:
>
> Hi,
>
> Gerritjan Koekkoek wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The script works fine;
>> One modification required (#if($counter > 0) ==> #if($counter == 0)
>>

> I'm afraid I don't understand the condition yet! :-( Do you want that
> any user belonging to any group but XWikiAllGroup is redirected to
> his/her profile? Or should be only XWikAllGroup members whom must be
> redirected to his/her profile page?
>
> Just trying to understand why do you need == instead o >. Thanks!
>
>> But this only works when user login is on homepage, in our use cases there
>> are also other pages where a guest can decide to login
>> Is there a vm script that is always triggered when user does login?
>>

> OK! I've not taken this into account! login.vm in your /templates folder
> seems to be the right place to tweak.
>

>> Gerritjan
>>
>> Op 24 okt 2010, om 01:52 heeft [Ricardo Rodriguez] eBioTIC. het volgende
>> geschreven:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Gerritjan Koekkoek wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We would like to, conditionally,  redirect users who log in to their
>>> profile page. (in our case; XWiki.<username>)
>>> The condition is: User is not in ANY OTHER GROUP then XWikiAllGroup.
>>>
>>> How can I do this most elegantly, modifying as little as possible of the
>>> standard pages that come with a distribution of XWIKI
>>>

>> This is not elegant, but I think it works:
>>
>> #set($counter = 0)
>> #set($user = $xwiki.getUser())
>> #set($userContext = $context.user)
>>
>> #set($query = ", BaseObject as obj, StringProperty as prop where
>> doc.fullName = obj.name and obj.className='XWiki.XWikiGroups' and
>> doc.fullName <> 'XWiki.XWikiGroupTemplate' and doc.fullName <>
>> 'XWiki.XWikiAllGroup' order by doc.fullName asc")
>>
>> #set($results=$xwiki.searchDocuments($query))
>> #foreach($item in $results)
>> #if($user.isUserInGroup($item))
>>  #set($counter = $counter+1)
>> #end
>> #end
>>
>> #if($counter > 0)
>> $response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL($userContext))
>> #end
>>
>> You could copy and paste in your WebHome or create an ad hoc document
>> and use #includeInContext('YourSpace.YourDocument') to include it in
>> your WebHome.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Ricardo
>>

> Greetings!