On 11/15/2010 09:18 AM, Raluca Stavro wrote:
> Hello Ricardo,
>
> Yes, you can use velocity code inside SSX and JSX objects. What you
> need to do is to set the 'Parse content' property to 'Yes'. You can
> take a look at the SSX documentation:
> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Plugins/SkinExtensionsPlugin#HTip:Howtoreferafilefromaskinextension
> .
>
> Example of usage:
> #if(!$hasEdit)
>    #body{
>      background-color: red;
>    }
> #end

This is problematic, since the extension is cached on the clientside
(browser cache). So if a user visits the wiki once unauthenticated,
after he logs in the same CSS file (already parsed) is used, so nothing
will change in the UI.

To load the re-parsed CSS, either refresh the browser cache, or you can
set the Cache property of the extension to "Forbid", which is bad for
performance.

> Raluca.
>
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Ricardo Rodriguez [eBioTIC.]
> <ricardo.rodrig...@ebiotic.net>  wrote:
>>

>> Ricardo Rodriguez [eBioTIC.] wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I see how to control edit, export, action and watch appearance in
>>> contentmenu div by tweaking contentmenu.vm. But, please, how could I get
>>> the same control over Annotations entry in the same are?
>>>
>>> I want to show annotations only to users with edit rights in a given doc.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Ricardo
>>>

>> The object of type XWiki.StyleSheetExtension in AnnotationCode.Style
>> holds the code that seems to control how the action menu entry is shown.
>>
>> Currently, to hide the annotation icon on this menu will be enough for me.
>>
>> I can add visibility:hidden; to the concerned .actionmenu elements, but
>> this also hides them for users with edit rights.
>>
>> Please, is it possible to add ##if($hasEdit)...#else...#end structures
>> in a SSE? My bet is that this is not possible: this extensions holds CSS
>> code, not a script. So, please, how could I introduce conditional
>> structures to control how page elements are show?
>>
>> I guess I must tweak AnnotationCode.Script but, please, how?
>>
>> Any help will be welcome! Thanks.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Ricardo
>>
>> --
>> Ricardo Rodríguez
>> CTO
>> eBioTIC.
>> Life Sciences, Data Modeling and Information Management Systems

Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/