Gerritjan Koekkoek wrote:
> Hello Ralucca,
>
> When I do what you suggest, i delete a translation without links to other
> wiki-pages
> I get a warning that all links will be without parent. It looks like the
> delete action from the menubar is evaluating the links of the default page.

You get this message if the document your are going to delete is
anywhere set as Parent. As you don't specify a given translation as
parent, yes, you get the warnings when you are going to delete any of
the parent translations. But only the current translation gets removed
provided it is not the default one what are you deleting.

I do think this topic is worth a Jira issue. Raluca, what do you think?
Thanks!

> Is this by intention?
> Can I trust that only the translation currently shown on my screen is deleted.
>
> How would a script look to delete all translations of a document?
> Very nice would be if the script would alsp be able to create a new
> translation based on the content of the default page
> Even super cool would be a feature where you can ask google-translate (or any
> webservice) to create such a translation
> as a headstart for the content managers
>
> Gerritjan
>
> Op 6 dec 2010, om 21:37 heeft Raluca Stavro het volgende geschreven:
>
> Hello Ricardo,
>
> The document translations are stored separately. For example, if you
> export as XAR a document having multiple translations, you will notice
> that the XML files are named like this: DocName.xml (default
> language), DocName.en.xml, DocName.es.xml ... etc .
> This is why, in order to delete a document translation, you have to go
> on that document translated in the language that you want to remove
> (for example '.../view/SpaceName/PageName?language=en') and delete the
> document. The other translations (default and others) will not be
> deleted.
> You can check the comments of this Jira issue:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-4932 .
>
> Raluca.
>
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Gerritjan Koekkoek
> <gerritjankoekk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Our XWIKI is multi-language.
>> When we translate a document into other languages how are these documents
>> stored?
>> The issue I have is that when we update the original it is not easy to
>> remove the incorrect translations
>> How do I remove only a translation without removing the default language (or
>> all the translations at once, without the original)?
>>
>> Gerritjan

Ricardo Rodríguez
CTO
eBioTIC.
Life Sciences, Data Modeling and Information Management Systems