Paul Harris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see in the "Access Rights" documentation that there are 3 ways it can be
> set up:
>
> Open Wiki
> Public Wiki
> Public Wiki with confirmed registration
>
> All of those options allow the user to register without forcing the admin to
> confirm the registration.
> I don't want users to be able to register themselves.  I have a small set of
> special users and I want to be able to register them manually, or at least
> have to confirm their registration before an account is created for them.
>
> any normal visitor should not be able to modify anything on the website, and
> that includes registering themselves.
>
> is this possible?
> thanks
> Paul

To avoid self-registration:

1. Log with an user with administration rights
2. Go to Administer Wiki
3. Go to Rights
4. Users' Rights
5. Uncheck Register for Unregistered Users

To the best of my knowledge, out of the box, there is not possible to
enforce registration approval by an admin or any other user.

HTH,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez