Le 10 déc. 2010 à 22:40, Eric Tse a écrit :

> Thanks but I don't plan on using Apache the only thing installed on my BSD
> VPS is diablo jdk , tomcat and xwiki. I followed the tutorial on how to
> install xwiki on FreeBSD on the dev page of xwiki.  Now that being said,  is
> tomcat a httpd server?

It is.

> If not then I'm guessing I have to install nginx and proxy it to tomcat.
> Also since xwiki is java based,  I don't have to install pop?
> Unless I want to serve php?

XWiki or tomcat are independent of PHP.

> Also how well does PostgresSQL fair in large wikis

I think it can score well.

I encountered, however, a few issues while trying to get some applications
based on xwiki in active use. The generated SQL was incompatible with
PostgreSQL.

As a rule of the thumb, I think workability with MySQL is considerably more
tested.

paul