On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<thomas.morta...@xwiki.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 08:19, Phoenix Hawk <phoenixh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I need to update wiki pages with minimum amount of data transferred
> across
> > the network.
> >
> > Current approachs I've tried are are Rest and XmlRpc but they require me
> > download the entire wiki page before I can update it.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest how I can eliminate the download (it is slow and the
> 3G
> > coverage is not stable where my users are) and just simply append to the
> > top/bottom of the Wiki page directly?
> >
> > Any help/advice is deeply appreciated, thank you!
>
> I don't think there is any API to do that by default but you can
> easily add one on your wiki.
>
> The cleanest answer would probably be to add a REST resource on you
> server and use it from your client, see
>
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/XWikiRESTfulAPI#HCustomresources
> .
>
> A quicker way would be a to write a velocity script in a page
> responsible to append a provided String in a provided document. See
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the heads up.

To make the wiki portable, I think I will go with the velocity script.

Should I still be using HTTP PUT (Rest) to the page in this case? I have a
few small binary attachments to go along with the update. If not, how should
I communicate to the custom page?

Thank you for helping me, I will put up whatever I have done into the
Extensions once I get it working. :)

pH