It sounds like your platform is missing a cryptography provider.
Can you run this for me and tell me the output please?

{{groovy}}println(javax.crypto.Cipher.getProvider().toString() + "\n" +
javax.crypto.Cipher.getProvider().getClass().getName());{{/groovy}}

FYI: I opened an issue for switching to a cipher which is included in
bouncycastle which is shipped
with xwiki.
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-5863

Caleb