Hi everyone, I tried to upgrade from version 2.4.30451 to version 2.7 (linux ubuntu, postgresql). In 2.4 I was able to export a full dump of the wiki (around 550MB with lots of attachments) after the update (including the 2.7 xar) the export fails.
First, if an attachment is not available, or missing then the whole export fails and it is extremely hard to figure out which wiki page actually triggered the error. Second even if all those errors are resolved, the export fails with the error "Too many open files" (see the snippet below). I then checked the number of open files. On 2.7 I am seeing a large number of open files even after a restart. Of course there are all the system and library files, but there is also a large number of temporary files open (and those remain open for at least one hour of inactivity). I guess the lucene indexing after the restart generates these (there were 181 open files with similar names). If I try to export the wiki, the number of open files goes into the thousands and most of them are of the kind quoted below. I then tried version 2.6 with the same symptoms. I reverted to 2.4 and everything works fine again. Version 2.7 seems a lot faster on export and also seems to require a lot less resources, and I would be very happy about that. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please feel free to ask for more specific information. I filed a bug report on jira http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-5830 with logfile excerpts. Thanks so much, --Elaina. _______________________________________________ users mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users