Hi,

If you don't mind providing the change on the server side then I'd suggest
copy the template 'layoutExtraVars.vm' from the template folder of your
wiki into your skins folder (if you don't have your own its possibly
'colibri').
Then copy exactly your code into that - That's all.

If you you don't have access to the server or you don't want to change there
you might also try

#if(!$hasEdit)
   #set ($docextras="[]")
#end

but you need to apply this on all of your pages.

There may be differences in rendering depending on the XWiki version though.

regards

Andreas