It's a bit comple to be a mail server as it creates administration issues and requires a specific subdomain and routing. An alternate solution is a mailbox and a scheduler job which pools the mailbox. All the APIs are already there for that.

What's necessary is define a convention of where the content goes based on what is in the email (subject or specific marker or alias target address).

I've aleady of few cases where we load emails. On our intranet we load job posting in our Recruitment application.

However there is no generic loading mecanism for all of XWiki. I agree it could be interesting. I'm very interested in a feature that would allow an email discussion that is captured as comments in the wiki.

Ludovic