Hi Marius,

Looks very nice.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 14:41, Marius Dumitru Florea <
mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> In order to fix http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWIKI-5691 and a few
> related bugs I had to refactor the way macros are displayed inside the
> rich text area of the WYSIWYG content editor. Along with this I
> introduced a few improvements in the way the user interacts with macros.
> Here's a list of changes:
>
> * macros are displayed now 100% like in view mode

this is very nice

> * macros that have output are emphasized only when hovered or selected

this is kind of discrete. The border limits are very hard to follow. For
example on Main.WebHome the dashboard takes a lot of screen space and you
can't see very well the borders and it may look like there is no macro
there.
Possible Solutions:
- have border + background-color changed on hover. The background color
stays when the macro is activated.
- have the cursor changed when hovered. We can also have a specific icon for
the cursor. So when you are on a macro we can have the macro icon (cog)
instead of the normal cursor. (this still doesn't shows you the boundaries)

* you can navigate the macro output with the arrow keys

I think the response time is too slow. Can't it be instant? you have to wait
now for the background color to activate

> * you can copy content from the macro output
> * press Enter to edit macro
> * press Space to toggle between collapsed and expanded state
> * Ctrl+Shift+R reloads the macros
> * Ctrl+Shift+E expands all/selected macros
> * Ctrl+Shift+C collapses all/selected macros

about Ctrl+Shift+E |  Ctrl+Shift+C - why can't they be a single key that has
a different behavior depending on the state of the macros?

I would have preferred to have only one key and collapse/expand them without
changing my hand position on the keyboard.

Thanks,
Caty