Hi Lockie!

On 3/8/11 1:31 AM, Lockie wrote:
> Ricardo Rodríguez wrote:
>> #if(!$expanded)
>>     #set($expanded = 'collapsed')
>> #end
>>
> Thanks I found this helpful. It means I don't have to have javascript
> extensions collapsing the panels, slowing down load times.

But as Raluca stated in her previous message, this causes the panels to
keep collapsed because this value prevents the cookie to be created. I'm
afraid I'm still lost with this issue: I don't understand yet why
setting $expanded = 'collapsed' instead of reading its value from a
cookie prevents cookies function.

Please, Lockie, how to you get a collapsed panel at page loading time
being later on controlled by a cookie? I mean, panel A appears collapsed
when you access the site for the first time. From this moment onwards, a
cookie will remember the preferences of each visitor.

Here it is the example that is making me nuts:

http://pescaderias.org

It is a simple portal still in progress. I want that all four menus on
the right will appear collapsed the first time a visitor/users access
the site. And that the stated of each panel will be stored in a cookie
for subsequent visits.

#set($expanded = 'collapsed') allows me to show them collapsed, but prevents
cookies function. In fact cookies are never created. I think I understood
Raluca's explanation in the her previous message in this same thread, but I'm
still not able to find a solution for this issue.

Thanks!

Ricardo

> -----
> ----
> Lockie

Ricardo Rodríguez
CTO
eBioTIC.
Life Sciences, Data Modeling and Information Management Systems