On 03/17/2011 12:10 AM, Legeinfo wrote:
> Hallo!
> Sergiu you are right. The database is 230mb (on my virtual mini Windows xp
> 1,5gb RAM).
>
> I tried your suggestion. But without luck.

Is all the data in the database important? You could try several things:

- clean up the database (while still using the large Xmx) by removing
unneeded attachments, cleaning the recycle bins, cleaning the attachment
history table, resetting the history for all documents, removing the
previous activity events; hopefully this will reduce the database size
enough to fit in memory, but you'll continue to expose the problem to
subsequent users that will create new content
- continue to turn other tables into CACHED tables until it works
- switch to a different database that doesn't load everything in memory
but still works embedded (Apache Derby is a good candidate, and is
supported by XWiki)
- if you're not in hurry, you can wait for the 3.0 release and configure
the filesystem attachment storage which will not load attachments in
memory at all, but will still be a problem if the size of the database
is given by documents and not by their attachments

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/