De: users-boun...@xwiki.org em nome de Marius Dumitru Florea
Enviada: qua 23/3/2011 18:45
Para: users@xwiki.org
Assunto: Re: [xwiki-users] External OpenOffice Server

Hi Ramon,

On 03/23/2011 11:22 PM, Ramon Gomes Brandão - SERINT wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is it possible to use an external OpenOffice Server that is not on the same
> machine as the XWiki instance, i.e., not local? If so, how can I do that? If
> not, can't I even test this possibility? External local one is running in my
> test place, but in production environment this probably won't be the case.

We're using http://code.google.com/p/jodconverter/ to connect to the
OpenOffice server and convert office documents. Here's a discussion
regarding your problem on their google group, raised by Asiri, the
person who wrote the xwiki-office-importer module:
http://groups.google.com/group/jodconverter/browse_thread/thread/f4f0e8328d422fbf

.

Using a remote OpenOffice server had some limitations at that point.
Maybe you can check if the latest version of jodconverter was improved
in this direction.

Hope this helps,
Marius