See below

2011/4/8 Elena-Oana Tabaranu <oana.tabar...@xwiki.com>

> Hi,
>
> On 04/08/2011 02:38 AM, wojtek danilo wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I'm trying to override the css of my xwiki.
> > I've been reading documents about making styleSheetExtensions (like
> > MinimalStyleSheet Extension fro mhere:
> > http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/SkinExtensionsTutorial
> ).
> > I have to be doing something wrong because after creation StyleSheet
> > extension like in this tutorial and setting "use this extension" to
> "always"
> > nothing changes.
> You can check if your styles have been included on the HTML source of
> the page. There should be a link like this in the head:
>
> <link  rel='stylesheet'type='text/css'href='/xwiki/bin/ssx/<StyleSheet
> extension space>/<StyleSheet extension page>'/>
>
> > additional I've seen that in Administration menu ->  Look&  feel ->
> > presentation I've got button that "allow" me cutomize current skin. after
> > pressing it and sayin that I want to customize it I've got a lot of empty
> > boxes (style, header, footer).
> > Always when I'm trying to write there anything the whole css crash and
> the
> > site looks ugly.
> The Header and the Footer templates display parts of your page. They
> should not be used to add CSS rules, use the Style template instead:
> @import "microformats.css";
> @import "colibri.css";
> /* add here your custom rules */

And as it is described here
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Skins
you can insert your CSS rules in a page Skin (the DefaultSkin or a new one
you that you can create), just fill in the "style" field (do not forget the
2 @import).
You don't need to update the files of your XWiki installation, so it will be
easier to upgrade XWiki.

Maxime