I've modified the bulletin board app by adding an edit link to
BBCode.TopicClassSheet (between Quote and Delete) that links to
$doc.getURL("edit",
"editor=object&classname=BBCode.PostClass&object=$item.number").
This gives me the ability to edit a post by linking to the object editor for
that post.  But the object editor isn't very user friendly.

I noticed towards the top of BBCode.TopicClassSheet, the context.action is
checked to see if its "inline".  This determines if a new thread is being
created, and does what is necessary to create it.

I'd like to change the edit link to point back to BBCode.TopicClassSheet but
provide a different custom action.  This way I could check for that action
(say for instance "postEdit") and instead of providing the post as is,
provide a form that lets me edit the object.

My problem is, I don't know how to create a link to do this.  I've tried some
of my guesses, but it didn't work.

Can someone tell me how to (within BBCode.TopicClassSheet) create a link to
BBCode.TopicClassSheet but with a different custom action that would allow me
to change the post from just a diplay to a form that allows the object to be
edited?

Hope that question makes sense.

Thanks,

Lenny