Hi Lockie,

On May 18, 2011, at 6:55 AM, Lockie wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm using the blog system on my XWiki intranet as a form of announcements on
> the front page, and I would like the new entries in the blog to be more
> obvious that they are in fact new and unread by the user on their browser.
> So for example they have "(unread)" or "(new)" next to the post's title,
> which is then removed once the user clicks on the entry to view it's entire
> contents.
>
> Is there any functionality like this that I could use?

No this feature isn't implemented.

> I guess this is more
> of a suggestion if there isn't.

The main reason we don't have it by default I guess is that the blog is
supposed to be a shared blog, not just for a single person. They are pages like
other pages, shared. That said, it wouldn't be too hard to save the status of
read/unread items in the user's profile.

You should open a jira issue of type "idea" on http://jira.xwiki.org for XWiki
Platform (Blog component).