On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 18:04, promatiker <v.branc...@procitec.de> wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> thank you for your reply.
>

> Thomas Mortagne wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 09:19, Vincenzo Brancato
>> &lt;v.branc...@procitec.de&gt; wrote:
>>
>>> It's something you did, right ? Because that does not exists in
>>> standard XE as far as I know (parent/children right inheritance I
>>> mean).
>>

> You're right. The new site inherits the rights of the space not of the
> parent page. I checked this.
>

> Thomas Mortagne wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 09:19, Vincenzo Brancato
>> &lt;v.branc...@procitec.de&gt; wrote:
>>

>>> There is a easy but not so clean way and a pretty hard but cleaner way
>>> on the long run:
>>> * you could write a listener (see
>>> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Observation+Module+Local)
>>> which, each time a document right is modified, reproduce it's right
>>> configuration to its children documents. You can even add the support
>>> for new child page in the same listener so that you support when a
>>> document parent is changed.
>>> * the hard way is to modify the right system itself so that it look at
>>> document parent right before looking and document space rights. See
>>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/user/impl/xwiki/XWikiRightServiceImpl.java
>>

> Both solutions are not very handy. Is there any possibility to set the new

The first one is very easy to do but for a developer yes. Also it have
the advantage other a simple script that it will take care of what you
need all the time automatically. You would have to execute your script
all the time.

> rights recursively to the child pages via bash directly in the server? I
> don't understand why this very important feature is not included in Xwiki
> right now. Am I the only person that needs a feature like this? I don't
> think every person that needs that feature writes his own script or is even
> able to. There has to be an alternative.

No there is nothing existing in standard to do that. It's actually not
really how we see parent document I guess. Setting right on space is
usually enough but I can see how this can be useful for you. Maybe you
can find something on http://extensions.xwiki.org