It's running fine now!

I modified two things before it started working:
1. The path to my xwiki-platform folder had an empty space. I renamed the
folder to remove the empty space.
    I had some problems with an Eclipse-base IDE at work because of paths
containing spaces.
2. I moved the path variable to workspace-level.

I spent some time trying to make the Colibri's top menu (the one with the
green Add button) to appear.

It wasn't working because the xwiki.defaultbaseskin property in the
xwiki.cfg was still referencing the albatross skin.
I replaced the entire xwiki.cfg with the latest milestone release and now
it's working without a problem.