Hi again,

I tried to transfer all my attachments to the filesystem with the script:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Filesystem+Attachment+Porter#Attachments

which IS a core extension (at least developed by the dev team).

I'm using jetty, and it fails with this error:

/var/cache/jetty/tmp/work/storage/xwiki/XWiki/XWikiSyntax/~this/attachments/img.png/img.png~tmp
(Too many open files)

I found that jetty had many many open files - it had created and left open
the handle on hundreds of files in
/var/cache/jetty/data/upload__*

Was this tested against a full sized wiki?  My wiki isn't very big at all
yet, maybe a few dozen pages at the most.
Does this happen on a tomcat server?  Maybe noone checked it on jetty?

Seems like leaving the handle open isn't a scalable solution ...

I'm looking at the code for the script, I'd like to fix it somehow...

Can someone please give me a tip?

cheers
Paul