Hi John,

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Campbell, John <john.campb...@viasat.com>wrote:

> Hi, Guillaume and Edo.
>
> Thanks for the clarification, Edo. I'm pretty sure I understand the
> concepts here now.
>
> I have one document template that I'll be using for all of my process
> documents, and I added the following line to the bottom of the template:
>
> {{include document="XWiki.ApprovalStatusSheet"/}}
>
> I have tested it, and it appears that each new document using that template
> includes that element, so that takes care of my first question about being
> able to attach the class to the template. :)
>
> As for my other two questions, allow me to follow up a bit:

> > This can be set either by your script and/or by doing it manually through
> > the object editor.
>
> Guillaume, I have gone into edit mode on the XWiki.ApprovalStatusClass, and
> I see where I set the Values for the class, but I don't see where I can set
> the default. Do you know of any examples you can point me to in the
> documentation that might illustrate where I need to go and what I need to do
> more thoroughly?

You can set a default value in the template document (since it's going to be
copied when creating a document that includes an object of your class).

> > > 3. Make this element invisible to the Users group, but visible and
> > > editable to the Supervisors group (for example, a Supervisor would be
> able
> > > to review a page that is "in review," and then if it is acceptable,
> change
> > > the status to "approved").
> > >

> > This is something you can achieve in the sheet using the
> > $xwiki.isUserInGroup('XWiki.SomeGroup') API:
> >
> > {{velocity}}
> > #if($context.user.isUserInGroup('XWiki.SomeGroup'))
> > your code goes here
> > #end
> > {{/velocity}}
>
> So this is something I would include in the Xwiki.ApprovalStatusSheet?

Yes.

> This is what is currently in that sheet:
> {{velocity}}
> #set($class = $doc.getObject('XWiki.ApprovalStatusClass').xWikiClass)
> #foreach($prop in $class.properties)
>  ; $prop.prettyName
>  : $doc.display($prop.getName())
> #end
> {{/velocity}}

You would need to replace the generic code with something like this:

{{velocity}}
#set($class = $doc.getObject('XWiki.ApprovalStatusClass').xWikiClass)
#if($context.user.isUserInGroup('XWiki.SomeGroup'))
#end
{{/velocity}}

It sounds like you're saying that the
> $xwiki.isUserInGroup('XWiki.SomeGroup') API will do a check to see if the
> user is in the correct group, and if so, then the subsequent lines of code
> will execute, making that field visible. Is my understanding correct? Is
> there a way to make the ApprovalStatus class display as a drop-down box for
> supervisors/admins?

This can be controlled from the Class -> you can define how a given property
should be displayed in the options for that property as available from the
class editor.

Guillaume

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'd really like to be able to