Thanks a lot  for help,

I just updated documentation on this issue. You're welcome to improve it.

http://manager.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Application+installation+into+wiki-farm

If somebody would give me a clue to define this subject as bug, I'd  "jira" it
also :-)

Best regards,

Dmitry Bakbardin

02 сентября 2011, 12:15 от AngeloG <elgh...@gmail.com>:

Haru Mamburu wrote:

> By accident I found the solution, but as for me it looks a bit wierd for
> everyday usage.
>
> 1. Import in main wiki Admin Tools
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/AdminTools with the
> User with programming rights.
> 2. Run the page Admin.CheckProgrammingRights
> 3. Confirm programming rights by pressing the link "Confirm give
> programming rights"
> 4. If everything successful, we can see following (note, that wiki is only
> with standard pack of pages):
> * fixing Main.Spaces
> * fixing Main.Activity
> * fixing AnnotationCode.Style
> * fixing AnnotationCode.Script
> * fixing AnnotationCode.Settings5. Checking Annotation application on wiki
> farms gives positive result - it works.
>
> I don't know is it a bug of XEM or a feature, but probably it worth to do
> smth with such a complicated process and/or update documentation if it
> should work this way. Is there any less wierd way to make applications
> running?
> Hope, somebody will give a solution :-)
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Dmitry Bakbardin
>

> 01 сентября 2011, 20:00 от Haru Mamburu &lt;haru_mamb...@mail.ru&gt;:
>

>  Thanks a lot for help.
>
>  Now step by step.
>  1. XE installation - Annotations works fine
>  2. XEM installation - Annotations works fine
>  3. templatexe deployment (xwiki/bin/view/XemManager/Install) -
> Annotations disappears in templatexe farm.
>  4. "test" wiki-farm deployment from templatexe template, installation of
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Annotations+Application
> according to instuctions.
>
>   Result the same - no annotations found in wiki-farm. :-(
>
>   Is there any way to install smth. in main wiki and just "allow"
> application in a specific farm?
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>
>   Dmitry Bakbardin
>

> 01 сентября 2011, 12:15 от Vincent Massol &lt;vinc...@massol.net&gt;:
>

> Hi Dmitry,
>
> On Aug 31, 2011, at 6:19 PM, Haru Mamburu wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Xwiki 3.1. Latest XEM works fine, deploys wiki farms - no problem.
>> All attempts to make applications running on wiki-farm failed (e.g.
>> Annotations).
>> Documentation keeping silence, or I'm missing something. :-(
>>
>> Is there any way to make applications running on non-main wikis?
>> Is there a way to install application in main wiki and "grant permission"
>> to be used in specific wiki-farm?
>
> All applications can be installed in all wikis. That should work fine.
>
> Annotations are installed by default so I'm not sure what you are
> installing…
>
> We need more details of the steps you're following and the issues you're
> seeing.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>
>> Thanks a lot in advance
>>
>> Dmitry Bakbardin

for what I know when you create a subwiki, may be using the default
template, it is empty. So unless you have already your own template ready,
the best thing is to log in in the subwiki and import the default xar
containing the default pages (you need to import XE pages in the subwikis
and not the XEM pages).
After doing this it is possible that annotation still don't work in the
subwiki.
***
This is because the javascript and style (CSS) that enable the
annotations need to be saved with programming rights
(AnnotationCode.Style, AnnotationCode.Script, AnnotationCode.Settings).
In order to do that, just login with a user with programming rights, go
to those documents, edit and save with no changes.
(thanks to Anca Luca for this solution).
***
This worked for me, I hope it can help you

Angelo