On 23/9/2011 5:57 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Wouter de Vos wrote:
>
>> Hi Vincent,
>>
>> Thanx for the feedback, I will spend some time on trying this out, its new
>> for me but of interest definately!
>> Another issue with the rss feed, is there a possibility to show this in a
>> panel? Since then my users can just move their heads to the left and see the
>> panel getting updated with the feed, and dont need to go to a page to do so.
>> Is this possible at all?
> Sure, just put the rss macro in a panel…
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>
>> Would be a nice feature, if its not possible yet, I know, I go and make Jira
>> issues :-)
>>
>> Thanx,
>>
>> Wouter

>>> upon
>>> open in

>>> new

>>> is in

>>> interesting to add it though.
>>> Basically:
>>> rss macro, execute it, then get its XDOM and find all LinkBlocks, then add
>>> rel="blank" in those blocks.
>>> hard depending on your current knowledge of xwiki components/rendering.
>>>
>>> Actually a slightly cleaner version is simply to write a Transformation
>>> (since this is what it's for! :)). So you don't need to overwrite the wiki
>>> macro. All you need is to add a new Transformation.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent
>>>
>>> PS to self: we really need to add wiki components since adding a
>>> transformation is a nice use case for it.

Hi Wouter,

Vincent's solution is the most correct one from the Java development and
best practice point of view. But for some less experienced developers it
might be a bit difficult imho. So I can think of a way to work around
this (i.e. do a quick dirty fix).
An easier solution, though not the most elegant one, would be to write a
piece of Javascript code to be executed on page load. It should search
fpr links in the RSS block(s) and write the "rel" or "target" attribute
to "_blank". The only problem is that you should include that script via
xwiki.jsx.use(...)  on each page you want this feature on.

The Javascript could look something like this:

document.observe("xwiki:dom:loaded") {
   var rssLinks = $$('.rssitemtitle a'); //the css selector for links in the
'div's generated by the {{rss}} macro.
   rssLinks.each(function(link){
     link.writeAttribute('target', '_blank');
   });
}

I hope it helps. Cheers!
Stefan.