On 12/17/2011 03:02 AM, Eugen Colesnicov wrote:
Thanks for great job!
Especially for the Oracle support! Also AppWithinMinutes looks very
interesting - I will start "to feel" it!

Also, regarding to your discussion about 3.4 roadmap and 3.x cycle, I want
one more time to focus you at an older problem - supporting of russian
symbols (or other non-latin characters, spaces and special symbols) in
attachment names.

Interesting moment. If you using office importer and your office-file named
in russian, and your file contains some pictures, when wiki-page creates -
ALL PICTURE ATTACHMENT FILENAMES WRITTEN ON RUSSIAN WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM! I
can download them, get link, etc.

According to this I can make a conclusion, that supporting of non-latin
attachment filenames is ALREADY DONE ON A PLATFORM LEVEL. And, right now,
for my opinion, NEED ONLY SMALL STEP - DELETE FUNCTION OF CUTTING NON-LATIN
SYMBOLS FROM ATTACHMENT FILENAMES DURING NORMAL ATTACH PROCESS.

Please, include this issue in your roadmap of 3.x cycle! This is really
important thing - because without this XWiki cannot named as "multilanguage
web platform". ALL OTHER MODERN WEB-PLATFORMS ALREADY HAVE THIS FUTURE...
Only XWiki lagging ...

Done.
--
Sergiu Dumitriu