Hi,

first up Happy New Year to everyone :-)

Secondly, I've been trying to stabilize my Xwiki install on FreeBSD 8.2 x64. My machine is a quad core box with 4GB RAM and not much usage in terms of people viewing the wiki etc....

I am getting this error:

umbers=0&rev=11.1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "http-8180-Acceptor-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

I have attempted a resolution by including: - after Google'ing heavily to see what could be done to rectify the issue.

JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx1024m
JAVA_OPTS=-Xms1024m
#JAVA_OPTS=-XX:PermSize=64M
#JAVA_OPTS=-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

at the top of the catalina.sh file but as I've just found out it didn't work.

The strange thing is that I had this wiki migrated to an old PowerMac G4 733MHz with 384MB RAM and even though the cpu went up to max due to the amount of swap space consumed the system still worked fine for longer then my BSD machine at least.

Can anyone give me a hand in order to diagnose the problem?

I have tried this also on Nexenta Core 3 (OpenSolaris) on a virtual machine running on my notebook with 2GB RAM dedicated to it which worked fine also and was up for many weeks even though pathetically slow..... actually I was running Glassfishv3 but it was still Java!

Thanks,

Kaya