Oh, I see now.

The way it works now when visiting a normal subwiki (not a workspace) is
that:

1) If you are a global user (user of the main wiki), the menus will be
displayed to you (and you will be thus exposed to the global context of
which you are part of).

2) If you are a local user (user of a subwiki that is part of a wiki
*farm*), you don`t see the menus any more and are isolated inside the wiki
(and not exposed to the global context).

So, as a conclusion, the menus appear to you based on your user type and
not on the type of wiki you are currently viewing.

Does that make sense now? Does this fit your usecase? If not, can you
please elaborate on the reason why you would like global users not to be
able to see the global context when viewing a regular subwiki?

Thanks,
Eduard