Thanks paul for taking time out to reply on this.

 I am using the lucene search which is default search in xwiki. As you
suggested
read the users of the groups the user is allowed to see, then expand
this into a disjunction of owners query, i agree on logic.But i am not
getting under which java class i should make a change for this. It
would be very helpful to give some idea about impacted class and
corresponding method.

here is my requirement, if logged in user name  is MyAppUser then i
want him to do search on users belonging to MyAppUserAdminGroup and
MyAppUserGeneralgroup but admin user should be able to search every
user in wiki. basically user name + AdminGroup/Generalgroup.I want to
do it for just restrict the users visibility in serach textbox
otherwise i want to keep search functionality intact.

Is there a way i can do these in velocity macro file of
MainSpace.WebHomePage  with user logged in as admin(who has
programming rights) or any other tweaking in configuration.

Let me know if it requires more information.Thanks for your patience again.