From: users-boun...@xwiki.org [users-boun...@xwiki.org] On Behalf Of Sergiu
Dumitriu [ser...@xwiki.com]
Sent: 13 February 2012 23:22
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] security breach?

On 02/13/2012 05:08 PM, ricardo.julio.rodriguez.fernan...@sergas.es wrote:

> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Research Management and Promotion Technician
> Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
> http://www.idisantiago.es

Even clearing the cache the image keep being accessible... it seems them most
as a browser related issue instead of an XWiki issue!! If you are prompted for
a password in both cases, it is working as expected.

Google points to the location of the file on our server. But I can't be
absolutely sure about the fact of had restricted access to the attached file at
time 0.

This remembers me an old proposal of having a switch that allow than in a given
installation access to a new page/space is restricted to the creator until
he/she explicitely grant access to another user or group of users. This could
be useful when working in an environment where security is critical and an
error like the one it seems I committed exposes contents not intented to free
access by default. Please, what do you think?

Thanks!!

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/