From: users-boun...@xwiki.org [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org] On Behalf Of
Eduard Moraru
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 14:48 PM
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Workspaces and group management

Hi Dmitry,

Currently Workspaces does not officially support adding entire groups to a
workspace. The UI does not say anything about that, but it can be done.
However, once you do that, the users of the group that just got added to the
workspace as member will not be recognized as members by the UI (even though
they have view and edit rights).

This is mainly my fault since I pretty much forgot about that usecase and I was
focusing on users.

I have created 2 jira issues to address this problem:
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7531
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7530

I will try to fix this in the future versions, as soon as I make the time.

For now, you can add individual users. If you want groups, you can add a global
group as a subgroup of the XWiki.XWikiAllGroup of your workspace by editing the
XWiki.XWikiAllGroup page in inline mode (but do remember about
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7530 - UI not recognizing members as
workspace members).

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Eduard