Hi Olaf,

On Apr 6, 2012, at 8:15 AM, O Voss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a web crawler keeps deleting documents in our Wiki. Meanwhile we have a
> robots.txt, but it seems to ignore that.

Of course, you should never allow unregistered users to delete documents, but
you know that already… ;)

> In the global rights the unregistered user is explicitely denied edit, delete
> and admin rights. Nowhere are such rights set to allowed. What are we missing?

Personally I never use deny rights. I simply enable the rights for the
user/group that should get the rights. The others are denied by default.

You should also check rights at 3 levels:
- global
- space level
- page level

> The deleted documents do not turn up in XWiki/DeletedDocuments. Is there any
> way to restore the deleted documents?

Only from a backup.

> This is an absolute desaster atm, any hints greatly appreciated!

We'd need to see your full rights setup to help me.

You could check
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Access+Rights (not perfect
doc though) to understand rights a bit more.

It won't help you but FYI we're planning to redesign the rights UI to make it
even easier to use:
http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Improvements/Rights