Hi!

I was thinking a bit about this comment. In general, it is hard to introduce
any change in the workflow of an organization... if any exists! Concerning
XWiki, our take is don't consider it as a "simple" colaborative environment for
text construction and edition. This is a huge simplification about what XWiki
can offer. XWiki is a complete development framework for online "extrem
development" of applications.

Collaborating the XWiki way is not just a facet of the collaborartion
environment of an organization. It can easily be promoted to be THE way things
are done: ubiquitous access through port 80/443, registered changes, trustees
assignment... allow any organization to define and implement access, use and
content creation policies with unprecedent easiness.

> Before I remove myself from the mailing list, I just wanted to put forward
> one comment as feedback: don't discount
> the learning curve that confronts users new to the wiki.  Many of them are
> proficient in their ways of editing documents
> (which usually means MS Word) and don't have the time to invest learning new
> document formatting tools.
> If you want to capture a larger share of the market, look at ways of
> integrating with users' favourite editors;
> I think that would go a long way.
>
> You have a very impressive product, and I've been amazed at the level of
> commitment and professionalism
> that has gone into this wiki.  Thanks for everybody's efforts and best of
> luck going forward.

Let me to hijack this thread to add my own two cents on this comment! Even
though I'm not able to follow XWiki development in all its extent, I'm lucky to
be still able to keep it working here and to have each day some more people
appreciating what thinking the XWiki way can do for our team!

Thanks to everybody!

> Trevor

Trevor, I do think you must not remove yourself from this list! At least you'll
be able to know what kind of issues users are facing!

Cheers!

Nota: A informaci?n contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos
adxuntos ? privada e confidencial e est? dirixida ?nicamente ? seu
destinatario/a. Se vostede non ? o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por
favor elim?nea. A distribuci?n ou copia desta mensaxe non est? autorizada.

Nota: La informaci?n contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos
adjuntos es privada y confidencial y est? dirigida ?nicamente a su
destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje,
por favor elim?nelo. La distribuci?n o copia de este mensaje no est? autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm