On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Martin Evans <webs...@studenthubs.org> wrote:

> Hi Jean-Vincent, thanks for your immediate response. I shall make my
> problem clearer. Not every vm file is in the /skins/colibri folder. When my
> wiki was set up by XWiki, they created a new skin and I can't find the vm
> files for that. However, this is just an example. Trust me it is useful to
> see (if not edit) the vm files, but I can't see how to find where exactly
> they lie.

The skin used in XWiki Cloud is colibri. The customizations are made
in a Color Theme.
Now that you talk about it, we don't override templates in colibri
anymore, they're all in the templates folder, for example:
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/templates/menuview.vm

> Also, is it true that other features, e.g. search, use vm files? What
> method should I use to locate these such files? I agree that leaving the vm
> files in place is a good idea for upgrades but it's useful to view them
> sometimes.

A lot of features are developed directly in wiki pages, for instance
the entry point to look at the search code is:
https://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/edit/Main/Search?editor=wiki

> Finally, while investigating this, I noticed that I can view vm files while
> not logged into the wiki. This exposes source code to the public viewers
> (should they know where to look). How can I stop this?

You can't but, XWiki being open source, those templates will always
been exposed in our source repository anyway.
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-web/src/main/webapp/templates

> Thanks again,
> Martin

Jean-Vincent Drean,