On 04/26/2012 06:26 PM, Geo Du wrote:
Hi, All,

Can anybody help me this this issue? I tested on IE8, still the same
problem as in IE7.

Thanks

Dave

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Geo Du<ddd...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Hi, all,

I am using jQuery for javascript, since it is conflicting with prototype,
I use the jQuery help extension:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/jQuery+Helpers, so
far everything works fine on Firefox, the problem is the IE7, I got jQuery
is undefined error from the UI library: $xwiki.jsx.use("jQuery.jQueryUI"),
I can see the javascript code in firebug with last par of the code:
.bind("blur",h)})})})(jQuery);

I noticed that there is a ";" in the end, but in IE7, I checked the code
from Microsoft Script Editor when I debug, it shows no ";", not sure if
that is the problem.

In IE7, I clicked the jQuery helper extension demo pages:
bin/view/jQuery/Demo1 page and bin/view/jQuery/Demo2 page, they both gave
me "jQuery is undefined" error. so this error happens to the extension as
well.

Could anybody help me with is issue?

Thanks very much.

Dave

There were some problems with the 1.0 version. I fixed them and published the 1.1 version, please upgrade and check the release notes at http://purl.org/xwiki/e/jQuery+Helpers#HReleaseNotes

In summary, there were two problems:
- at the end of the jQueryUI script there was indeed an invalid character, a ZERO WIDTH SPACE, which was properly ignored by Firefox as a space character - the main jQuery script should always be used non-deferred, so when you're going to use it, you have to include it with:
$xwiki.jsx.use('jQuery.jQuery', {'defer': false})
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/