On 05/07/2012 03:03 PM, Guillaume Lerouge wrote:
Hi Hamster,

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Hamster<teun...@hotmail.com>  wrote:

Hi Anca,

If you want to modify the main page, you can use "Edit" -->  "Objects" to
change the layout/contents, right?

Editing is documented at http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Dashboard+Application and http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Dashboard+Macro (linked from the first one). As you can see, editing objects is under the advanced editing :) . I didn't understand that you hadn't found the drag and drop editing of dashboard from the first mail, I thought you did and there was still something wrong with it ;) .

Now, depending on which version of xwiki you're using, editing inline (the one that Guillaume mentioned above) is the default edit mode either for the Main.WebHome page or for the Dashboard.WebHome page, which means simply clicking edit (without choosing an option from the menu) should take you to the sublime drag and drop editing of the dashboard. If it's still not dragging and dropping for you, it might be a bug, let us know xwiki version + browser type & version (not before you made a cache clean and retried).

Have fun,
Anca

You will be taken to the "Editing objects of Wiki Home" page, which
displays
the objects. You need to digdown the object to find the property
"position".
That's where you will have to enter 1,0 or 1,1 or 2,0 or 2,1 to set the
position of that object.

Looking at the more sophisticated drag-drop features that XWiki can use,
setting the position with digitals for row and column position just seems
"brutal" to me. Maybe "brutal" is not the correct word...mayby "outworn" or
"out-of-date" is more appropiate :-)

You can do exactly that already if you edit the page in inline mode.

Guillaume

I would like to see the ability to drag and drop the objects at the
position. More WYSIWYG.