Oh, complex question..

On 25 May 2012 18:21,  <ricardo.julio.rodriguez.fernan...@sergas.es> wrote:
> I would like to allow an user, or a group of users A, to edit users' profiles
> on a per users' group basis.
>
> Thus given five users' groups, A, B, C, D, E, I would like to allow, for
> instance,...
>
> 1. User01 to edit all groups B, D and E members users' profiles .
> 2. B group members, to edit users' profiles of group A members.
>
> I'm almost sure I'm missing something obvious, but to the best of my
> understanding rights management utility allows rights management on a per
> space and per page basis, but it is not obvious how to manage rights as I do
> need to.
>
> Rights are trusted based on XWikiRights objects instances in each "page". If
> it is possible to manage access rights on spaces as a hole, or wikis in a
> farm, it is for sure possible to manage users on per group basis. But I'm
> afraid I don't know how.

Rights are indeed set per page or space. Thus, you could give group A
the right to edit pages (including users) in the space XWiki, as all
users are in the space XWiki. What I normally do is group all pages in
a space for easy access management, but from what I understood it's
not advisable to move users to a space other than XWiki.
Perhaps you could script something so when a user is added to group A,
predefined rights (periodically or directly) are set for these
users/pages.

But I don't even know if there's an API call for setting access rights..