> what better name you suggest?
StartOnLoad ?

But frankly i suggest only start when needed ;-)
You can have AutoStart = 0, 1, 2 rather than only true/false

>> I don't want OOo always running on loaded server.
> Why?
The longer application works, the more it has chance to leak memory or to
crash
If this functionality would be used once a week - then why bother?
I want to lower load on server as possible.

> Note that XWiki doesn't talk directly to the office server. jodconverter
...which is abandoned. I'm screwed....

BTW, is it used for RTF export ?
I see that both ODT export and RTF export destroys russian texts in the same
way.
(Import ODT also destroys them)
While RTF export is avail after OOo shutdown, it still makes the same
destruction, so the bug probably is in the same codepath.
Maybe it is Windows-related, dunno.

> you can try to reconnect
The less manual work the better, though of course "that is the way as it is"
and it already 140MB of download stuff :-)