Hi,

Over in the XWiki Research Department, we've been working on some exciting new
developments.
While XWiki provides industry leading flexibility for defining, storing and
querying data structures in SQL based stores, we are researching how to bring
storage to Cassandra distributed NoSQL data store and give you the power to
define and store your own true Java native Objects.

In this demonstration we run 2 integrated XWiki/Cassandra nodes and show
changes propagating from one to the other as we edit pages. We show that you
can stop one node and the wiki is still fully functional with only one node
running. Then we restart the downed node and show the edits which were made
while the node was down propagating over from the running node.

XWiki documents and objects are stored in an integrated Cassandra NoSQL Cloud
data store allowing for horizontal scalability without any single point of
failure. Users can define XClasses using the XWiki class creation interface and
those XClasses are compiled into native Java classes which can be loaded and
stored in the Cassandra distributed store.

Here is the demonstration video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NngAKdeWuH0

While this is still in heavy development, we hope to be bringing up live nodes
for you to play with as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Caleb