2012/7/25 David Baltusavich <da...@synatree.com>:
> Ok, that works great.
>
> So I'm hoping to wire up this Glossary App plus the JSON to a highlighting
> script written in JS, the idea is that the words that appear in the
> glossary will be highlighted on any wiki page in which they appear.  Not
> knowing much about velocity at all, I figured this could be implemented by
> parsing the body of the wiki content in search of any matching
> words/phrases, and mark them up with <abbr> tags, tooltips, etc.  In order
> for this to work I need to be able to add some custom JS to each page on
> the wiki, which I am guessing I can do by modifying the skin, and using
> your helpful link trick to load the latest JSON into my highlighting script.

In fact we have already this on a project, but we could not get to
fully publish it as an extension.
The way it was done was to generate the annotations on the server side
with a script at night.
This is quite easy to do as you just need to update the annotations
(which are comments in recent versions) in XWIki Objects
At some point this code should be published but I cannot tell when.

This was found to be much more efficient than to do it in real time in JS

If you want to go the JS way, use JSX

> Ludovic, since you are obviously intimately familiar with XWiki, is there a
> better (server-side) way to achieve a glossary or acronym database
> functionality?  Again I'm looking to dynamically add links to existing wiki
> content based on a set of words and definitions that appear in an XWiki app.
>
> If not, the JS method should work fine but of course the parse operation
> has to happen on every page load, which is inefficient.
>
> Yours,
>
> David Baltusavich
> ------------------------------
>
> <http://www.synatree.com>
> 1001 State Street, Suite 1123
> Erie, PA 16501
> (814) 422-5887
> (321) 800-8733
>

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Ludovic Dubost <ludo...@xwiki.com> wrote:
>
>> Add ?xpage=plain&outputSyntax=plain to your URL
>>
>> Envoyé de mon iPhone
>>
>> Le 25 juil. 2012 à 00:06, David Baltusavich <da...@synatree.com> a écrit :
>>
>> > Another newbie question, I'm afraid.
>> >
>> > I have a simple Glossary application that I've written, and I've managed
>> > figure out how to write a velocity script to retrieve all of the glossary
>> > terms and put them into a JSON array.  The problem is, the velocity
>> script
>> > output is being html encoded and sent to the browser as text, including
>> the
>> > enclosing <script> blocks.  If I wrap the whole thing in {{html}} macro
>> > calls, the velocity script doesn't run. If I just enclose the <script>
>> > opening and closing tags in their own {{html}} macro call, the calls
>> fail.
>> >
>> > What am I missing here?  How do I get velocity script to render as
>> HTML/JS?
>> >
>> > Yours,
>> >
>> > David Baltusavich

Ludovic Dubost