On 07/30/2012 02:50 PM, Arioch wrote:
Marius Dumitru Florea [via XWiki]
<ml-node+s475771n7580616...@n2.nabble.com> писал(а) в своём письме Mon, 30
Jul 2012 19:29:34 +0400:

But what i noticed again, is that hugely redundant file naming
xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-classloader/xwiki-platfor
m-classloader-protocols/xwiki-platform-classloader-protocol-attachmentjar/src/te
st/java/org/xwiki/classloader/internal/protocol/attachmentjar/AttachmentURLStrea
mHandlerTest.javaWhy that repeating time and gain, like if you use flat
filesystem ratherthan tree ?
It's a naming convention we agreed on: the maven module folder name
should be the same as the maven module artifact ID.

Well, if u chosen to keep all the genealogy in the folder name, modellign
after flat 1D maven list, then folder  structure can be kept flat too.

Call it Windows limitations or Git/Win lack of intelligency, yet you
casted aside all potential Windows-based developers.

We are aware of the problem and we do plan on fixing it. But such a change will break lots of things, like existing pull request, forks, local checkouts... It's not easy to change the whole layout of a project that's widely cloned.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/