On 09/10/2012 03:48 PM, Eugen Colesnicov wrote:
Jerome Velociter-5 wrote
We've decided not to bundle the LDAP service by default. You need to
install it manually via the extension manager. See
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/LDAP+Application.

Of course, I installed LDAP application via extention manager. In extention
manager I written LDAP - get result "LDAP Application 4.0" and installed
this (with all dependences - automatically). Maybe need something else to
install?

Also, I uncommented
xwiki.authentication.authclass=com.xpn.xwiki.user.impl.LDAP.XWikiLDAPAuthServiceImpl
in xwiki.org

After this step, opened LDAP inside administration and top of page I see
"LDAP service is not available. Please verify your installation."

It looks like a dependency issue. This message is issued when the xwiki-platform-ldap-api is not present in the classpath (I agree the message itself is not very clear).

I see the dependency is correctly listed in the dependencies section of the extension page, at http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/LDAP+Application#HDependencies :

org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-ldap-api 4.0

Do you remember if it was listed in the extension UI as a dependency when installing the extension ?

BTW Vincent, devs, what's the strategy for not-bundled extensions released by the xwiki development team when releasing platform ? Do we need to update the extension pages at each release ? Did I miss something ?

--
Best regards
Eugen Colesnicov

Peace,