On Nov 7, 2012, at 11:30 AM, Thomas Mortagne <thomas.morta...@xwiki.com> wrote:

> The cache macro refresh its content when the macro has not been used during
> 5 minutes actually not when it's 5 minutes old AFAIK.

hmm I've never fully realized this actually… :)

So I guess we need to work on also having another parameter for doing it the
other way around, i.e. updating the content every N minutes since I believe
this is a more common need. It means that with the current situation you can't
control how frequently you get fresh content… Is that possible with our Cache
implementation?

Note that we also need to make this work in a thread so that content is fetched
time-based and asynchronously without needing a hit since that slows the
unfortunate user who's calling the page when the timeout expires.