On 01/31/2013 12:31 PM, David Delbecq wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i would like to active cachin on /xwiki/bin/skin/resources/* as, obviously,
> skin doesn't change often :)
> As you can see, by default, xwiki forbid caching... What do i need to change
> for this caching?

Nope, that's not the default behavior. XWiki does rely on caching, and
if you go to
http://playground.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/skin/resources/js/scriptaculous/effects.js
you'll see that the resource is cached.

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
> Pragma: No-cache

^ These don't come from XWiki, I guess that Tomcat's configuration is
the one that adds the Pragma: No-cache header.

> Cache-Control: public
> Expires: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 17:22:25 GMT
> Last-Modified: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 10:06:58 GMT

^ These come from XWiki, and they do enable caching.

> Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 17:22:25 GMT

Hm, except maybe if you're using a very old version of XWiki. What
version are you currently using?
--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu